- In order to create a slick, original and entertaining music video we listed audience feedback and the points of view from a questionnaire as one of our main priorities to address.
- The target audience for our concept is aimed at teenage girls or teenage boys, our video would appeal to both young teenagers and older from ages between 13-18 year olds. It was important to test our concept in pre-production to an audience of young people because they gave us an idea of what they could expect and what flaws were apparent in our idea.
- To reach out to our audience we used a number of different shots and techniques to enhance this. Shots such as close-ups, meat shots and establishing shots all contributed towards engaging the watcher as fully as possible.
- These are just some of the techniques we used to appeal to our target audience by gazing into the camera as if we were singing directly to the viewer. Throughout the whole process of making the music video we constantly tried to meet the guidelines of our audience feedback.
- The results showed that our overall concept worked very well. We tested a rough cut of the video to a watching audience who provided some highly positive comments and improvements we could make to enhance our final version. The watching audience believed there were several aspects that we could change such as incorperating females and maybe a slight narritive into the piece.
- Also introducing new group shots, as most of the performance shots
- When watching our video several times we were asked if we were going to incorporate a female character. We were encouraged to put in some shots of a female which would potentially add an extra dimension to our work. However we discussed the idea and decided against it, we felt that we were happy with the overall look to our video and felt we didn’t need to involve a female character.
- To test the finished pieces to an audience we watched the videos in class with questions for the audience to answer which we later collected. This showed us the strengths and weaknesses to our video which we could later improve on.
- Finally we carried out a recorded interviews with our target audience who have previously seen our final version. We asked a series of ten questions to find out specific answers to the making and meanings behind our media concept. However we didn’t limit our study to just males, we also asked teenage girls to comment on our video in an interview style which proved to be beneficial and positive throughout.#